Changing thought patterns that will change circumstances.
You can change your circumstances by taking on the mind of Christ. These simple 8 steps of thought pattern change will help you achieve positive circumstances in your life.
1. Conceive something: You will reproduce what you’re continually seeing. You must have an image of what you want. Then the image must become a part of you. It must become your conversation and become routed in your psyche. You have to envision your success in what you want achieved. The very thing that you keep before your eyes will affect you and be reproduced in your life.
2. Foster a correct image: If you foster an image of defeat and failure, then you’re not going to achieve the success that you desire. But if you develop an image of victory, success, health, abundance, joy, peace and happiness, nothing can stop you from being able to take a hold of these things for your life. To often we get stuck into a pattern of defeat or a rut that holds us in failure, that thinking we have reached our potential, simply puts a cap on things and hinders you going forward. We don’t really allow ourselves to be stretched or our visions to be enlarged. God wants to increase us in His wisdom and help us reach our full potential. God wants to bless us in body, soul and spirit.
3. God’s Word is clear that as a man thinks in his heart so is he. You have to envision your success and conceive it in your heart and mind before you receive it physically. God says ‘behold I am doing a new thing. Do you not perceive it?’ May be God wants to restore you’re your marriage, or restore those damaged relationships, or give you that promotion, even increase your finances. The secret to having your vision enlarged is first to replace old wine skins with new wine skins and adopt new thoughts. You cannot put new thoughts into an old negative memory bank. The old thought process rejects the new and positive thoughts and hinders the success process. God’s word says ‘the seed will grow well and bear fruit in all seasons’.
4. Raise your level of expectations. What fruit do you expect your seed to produce? If you can only see a limited amount of fruit, then the amount you perceive is what you will receive. You have to raise the level of expectation and set your mind on higher things. Have an expectation of God’s favor in your life and that the steps of a good man are ordered of the Lord. Expect God to bless you as you focus on Him and His power to give you strength and guidance on achieving your dreams and goals. The Word of God says ‘that faith is the substance of hoped for and the evidence of things not seen.’ Change your thinking and raise your level of expectancy, because it is at this point that God will meet your needs.
5. Break out of your self imposed prison. Don’t let old paradigms enslave you and cause you to enter your promised land. Break out of this self-imposed prison. Get the plans that God has for you. God’s plan is to bless you, to give you a future. Get the mind of Christ and renew your thinking.
6. PROGRAM YOUR MIND SET. Set your mind on higher things. Renew your thought process and fill your mind with the things Paul speaks of in Philippians 4. You must think positive thoughts of victory, thoughts of abundance, thoughts of favor, thoughts of hope, thoughts of good, pure joy and excellent thoughts. You must think thoughts that are power thoughts that will stimulate you into being proactive and positive. Elijah the prophet asks Elisha, ‘what do you want of me?’ Elisha responds and says’ I want a double portion of your spirit’. What he really said was, “I want double of everything” Elijah does not rebuke him, he simply says, ‘If you can see me when I am taken from you, it shall be done to you’ In other words; “If you can visualize it see it in your heart and mind, seeing it through the screen of God’s word with your eyes, then it can become a reality in your life.” You move towards what you see in your mind. If you can’t see it, it is not likely to come to pass in your life.
7. POWER OF ASSOCIATION. You cannot soar with eagles if you have the mindset of a chicken. Prov.13.20 If you walk with wise men, then you’re going to become wise.’ Live in the atmosphere of victory, then victory will be yours.
8. EXPECT GOD’S FAVOR. This is year of the favor of the favor the Lord. Isa 61:1 says ‘The Spirit of the Lord Yahweh is upon me;’ Declare the FAVOR of God over your life and give thanks in all things and watch what God will do for you.